Xander: A monster? Maybe. What gives you that idea?
Ryan: Well, you're a blue frog.
Xander: I'm a what?
Xander the Monster Morpher is a 2019 PC/Mobile Bullet Hell Mon game created by Karatkuro. Xander, a once human boy, wakes up one day in the form of a big blue frog, and soon finds out that he can transform into any other monster he meets. He quickly sets off for adventure on the behest of a mysterious voice he heard in his head while unconscious...
...After freeloading at the local inn for a month, of course.
Xander the Monster Morpher's gameplay involves shooting monsters, getting experience points to level up your own monster forms, and fusing your monsters together to create new, custom monster forms unavailable anywhere else. Alongside the shooting gameplay, there are also various minigames peppered around the game's world, including fishing and a monster arena focused on catching monsters as fast as possible.
Xander the Monster Morpher contains examples of:
- The Ace: Tennet. Xander is warned time and time again not to mess with him.
- Beat Them at Their Own Game: After years of torment by Oculus, Tennet finally defeats him by using Oculus's own technique. The irony is that Oculus was the one who taught Tennet how to do it.
- Big Bad: The monster lord Oculus.
- Cast from Hit Points: Several attacks use HP either as a substitute or in addition to MP.
- Deadpan Snarker: Xander can't help but to snark every villain he comes across. All attempted badass boasts that come his way are quickly met with a sarcastic reply.
- Minion with an F in Evil: Mr. Seeheel works for the big bad and attacks Xander before most bossfights. However, he heals Xander before and after each fight and genuinely cares for Xander's well-being. He's just looking for a little entertainment.
- Mon: Morphers catch monsters to use in combat. A strange example of this trope considering the monsters die in the process.