The first in the X-Men: Mutant Academy series, released on GameBoy in 2000 and PlayStation the following year. With no particular plot, it allowed you to play as several of the titular X-Men (and later members of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants) and essentially beat the living daylights out of each other.
A sequel was later released, including several more characters.
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: You can unlock multiple character costumes, including a Beach Party theme and ones based on the film.
- Arson, Murder, and Admiration: The Professor's reaction to Gambit in the first game.
- Blank White Eyes: The Professor has these for some reason.
- Joke Character: While Secret Character Professor X can use his telepathic abilities, his combat skills are limited to kicking his enemy in a wheelchair.
- Spiritual Successor: Followed by X-Men: Next Dimension.