Wrath of the Fallen is a Minecraft adventure map created by Hypixel, who is also responsible for many other well-made maps. It's his second adventure map, and serves as a Spiritual Successor (or possibly a direct one) to Herobrine's Mansion. It has a similar structure, using command blocks to provide dialogue and boss info, and armored mobs serving as enemies. It's also a co-op map, meaning that beating it on your own is near impossible without cheating. And that's on easy.
In WOTF, you and your friend are adventurers going to the town of Glenor for reasons not specified. But when you arrive, you find that the town has been overrun with monsters, and together you must stop an ancient demon from destroying all you know and love...
Tropes present in Wrath of the Fallen:
- Cloudcuckoolander: The fourth boss, Lord Frozenburg, appears to be this.
- Disc-One Final Boss: The giant fight is fairly easy compared to the fight before it.
- Nintendo Hard: The hardest difficulty is this. Hasn't stopped anyone from trying, though. Like Caveman Films, for instance.
- Fan Nickname: Ant Venom calls him Lord Frozenburger. You can't make this stuff up.
- Big Damn Heroes: The iron golems during the Mad King fight are these.
- Easter Egg: The map is LOADED with these.
- Villains Want Mercy: The Mad King begs for his life after his army is destroyed.