Woah Dave! (sic) is a one-screen platformer in the vein of Mario Bros., created by Choice Provisions of BIT.TRIP fame. The protagonist, Dave, is tasked with fighting an endless army of aliens that drop out of the sky in eggs. Dave must do so by picking up and throwing skull bombs, the coveted Woah Block, or even other eggs at hatched aliens. If an alien crawls into the lava at the bottom of the screen, it will "evolve" into a more dangerous enemy that yields more pennies.
Woah Dave! contains examples of:
- Alien Invasion: Dave is trying to stop one. Given the nature of the game, he shan't succeed.
- Character Title: Yup, the hero's name is Dave. Not "Woah Dave", just "Dave".
- Endless Game: In the style of golden age games.
- Excited Show Title!: That exclamation point means business.
- Flying Saucer: These show up after awhile in Normal difficulty, and immediately in Bonkers.
- Idiosyncratic Difficulty Levels: The two difficulty levels are Normal ("If you wanna call it that") and Bonkers.
- Jump Physics: Dave can turn around in midair.
- Pinball Scoring: Averted; score is measured in pennies.
- Scoring Points: The only goal of the game is to obtain as many "pennies" as possible.