You play as a fighter plane, whose main objective is to shoot down as many opponents as possible to get the highest score, and survive long enough to maintain it. You can use up to four weapons (plus one secret one), and collect power-ups from air drops. Be warned, this can get quite hectic when there are many planes duking it out. The game is also currently in beta.
This game can be played at here.
Wings.io provides examples of:
- Boring, but Practical: The default machine gun that a plane spawns with has the highest fire rate of all four normally collectable weapons, and a long effective range. So, it's the most forgiving out of the four, and can destroy enemy planes rather quickly provided all shots are on target.
- Getting dumb bombs, going to the top of the map, and dropping them all in a line. This almost guarantees at least a single kill. Doing this while looping over a heated dogfight will likely make you the king.
- Boss in Mook Clothing: Any player who becomes a king. The only thing that physically differentiates them from other planes is the crown on their head. Being a king grants double health, and the ability to repair some damage when killing enemy planes. Depending on their skill level, a player can maintain king status for a extraordinarily long period of time.
- Collision Damage: Colliding with a hostile normal plane will instantly destroy both you and the opponent's plane. Colliding with a king plane will instantly destroy you, and deal a hefty amount of damage to the king plane.
- Crosshair Aware: When using the Rocket weapon and attempting to lock onto another plane, a crosshair appears on the other player's plane. This is visible both to the assailant and the target.
- Difficult, but Awesome: The Laser and Rocket weapons. The Laser has one of the lowest fire rates of any weapon. However, the beam instantly reaches its maximum effective range upon firing. Plus, any hit from the temporary beam will set a normal plane on critical health and on fire, and will take out half of a king plane's health. The Rocket is even more challenging to use, as its travel speed is rather low. However, it will outright one-shot a normal plane, or two-shot a king plane. It can even lock-on to foes for homing capabilities.
- Subverted with the dumb bomb. It's unguided, and can only go down. It is infinitely more deadly than it looks.
- 11th-Hour Superpower: After some time has passed, an announcement is given stating a special weapon is available to the first player who finds and claims it. The weapon obtained is the strongest one in the game. It fires a large continuous laser beam at the plane's current direction. It is tied with the four weapons for the highest fire rate, longest effective firing range, highest DPS, and lack of deviation. This makes minced-meat out of all planes, and comes with a large 1,000 ammo stockpile to burn through. Long story short, the player who collects this weapon pickup is virtually unkillable until they run out of ammo.
- Endless Game: There is no round system. Your main objective is to shoot down as many enemy planes as possible, obtain the title of king, and attempt to avoid being shot down.
- Energy Weapon: The Laser and Special Weapon. The former can fire a single straight beam in the current direction your plane is pointed towards. The latter can fire a continuous beam while the fire button is held down.
- Everyone Chasing You: As the king plane, it's very probable that everyone will be gunning for your position. So prepare to be ganged up upon while wielding this title.
- Fragile Speedster / Glass Cannon: All of the planes can deal a ton of damage. However, they can easily be downed in seconds with concentrated fire. Even the king planes, with their double health, won't last long without aerobatics and counter-fire.
- Healing Factor: King planes can heal some of their incurred damage by destroying other planes.
- Ramming Always Works: A surprisingly effective strategy, because it will either destroy the opponent's plane (if they're a non-king), or deal a significant amount of damage (if they're a king).
- Spread Shot: The Shotgun weapon. Rapidly fires a spread of five projectiles in the current direction the plane's traveling. However, its effective range is the lowest, as each individual projectile is quite weak.