A sequel, Windjammers 2 was released by Dotemu for Nintendo Switch, PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Xbox One on January 20, 2022.
This video game provides examples of:
- Comeback Mechanic: The Stadium arena in 2 has a small red center goal line that expands when a player goes on a scoring streak, making it easier for the opponent to hit a five-point goal. Once the opponent scores any number of points, the red zone resets to its original size.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The Japanese title, Flying Power Disc, summarizes the game quite well without even needing to call it Windjammers.
- Mini-Game: There are two in between certain levels. Dog Distance has you play as a dog fetching a frisbee and Flying Disc Bowling is self-explanatory; for it is basically a game of bowling with a frisbee instead of a bowling ball.
- Scoring Points: Considering that this is a sports game, each player has three goal posts that vary in points, depending on the arena.
- Sudden Death: In the case of both players winning two rounds each, they are subjected to a Sudden Death round. Take a guess on how that is settled.
- Surprisingly Good English: Gary Scott and Steve Miller have voices in practically perfect English. The female announcer as well, albeit heavily accented.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Through the BIOS menu, you can change the second Beginner level character. If you have it set to United Kingdom, you get Steve Miller. For the South Korea setting, it's Beeho Yoo. Although they look the same, they do have different voices.