You are one of few survivors in a world destroyed by man-made pollution. You're doing your best to survive with your daughter, Lily, in the little cave you call home - unaware that the nightmare is about to get much worse.
A mission to get food for Lily results in her being taken away by men in hazmat suits, as she is somehow immune to the virus that mutated mankind. You venture to get her back, meeting up with others when possible and avoiding mutants at all costs—until you learn how to fight back.
This game provides examples of:
- Action Survivor: Your character.
- After the End
- Green Aesop: Pollution caused the mutant outbreak and wrecked the world.
- Heart Container: Pills; they fully heal you and add one life point.
- Metroidvania: You pick up skills and powerups along the way, granting access to new areas.
- Motif: Flowers; the game is called Wilt, and your daughter's name is Lily.
- Platform Game
- Polluted Wasteland: This is what the world has been reduced to.
- Puzzle Boss: All of them; the cat is killed with the spikes on the ceiling, the fish has to be taken out with energy blasts, and Subject X has boxes dropped on its head.
- Save the Princess: Save your daughter!
- Zombie Apocalypse: Mutants, but they behave much like zombies.