WiLD is an upcoming sandbox game exclusively for the PlayStation 4, created by Wild Sheep Studio, an offshoot of Ubisoft founded by Michel Ancel,note and to be published by Sony Computer Entertainment. The game is set in a vast expanse of wilderness during the Neolithic Period between 6000 and 5000 BCE, with the player in control of a tribal shaman. Players can roam freely throughout the environment, but can also enter trance states to take control of nearby animals.
WiLD contains examples of:
- Body Surf: The gameplay demo trailer show that the shaman can take possession of nearby animals, even jumping from one animal to another.
- Dem Bones: One of the trailers showed a reanimated skeleton wearing a headdress, and skeletons far more massive than any human.
- Nature Hero: As showcased in the Gameplay Demo trailer, the main character is the shaman of a Neolithic tribe.
- Noble Bird of Prey: The shaman can take possession of hawks and eagles, and one trailer showed him riding a titanic bird of prey.
- 1 Million B.C.: The game's development team has made a notable effort to avert this by examining and incorporating archeological artifacts from Neolithic sites into the game, with the Gameplay Demo trailer showing clips of the dev team consulting archeologists and museums.