Welcome to Utopia is a Shitsurakuen BYOND Role Play, hosted by user Minax, using a game called RP Unlimited. Of course being a Shitsurakuen Role Play It Got Worse: The male population consist of money grubbing pricks, rapist, complete monsters, or the "Hero type." It is asked in the complete World Information the Welcome To Utopia staff has set up to appear when you first log in "Are you trying to save the girls from this unfair treatment or are you the one causing the pain?" then it is stated that it's your choice be a good master or a bad one,either way the girls are doomed unless they're freed completely.
Good Masters called a Hero type are pretty much not welcomed, both Out Of Character and In Character. A possible reason why they're disliked In Character is because they tend to find enough trouble for both their Weapon and themselves. As has been stated in the Out of Character chat the reason why they're disliked OOC-wise is because Welcome to Utopia is a Shitsurakuen Role Play, and that it has more good guys then Magnificent Bastards. Nevertheless Shitsurakuen isn't the most popular Manga around and the average new person's first master will be a Hero Type. It should be noted however a few masters couldn't give two shits about the entire school as per usual of Hero types. Some only care about THEIR weapons. If you see a good master prosper expect them to be a Nominal Hero.
Unfortunately, the RP has ended due to an influx of trolls.
Tropes in this work:
- Action Girl: It's actually hard for a female master not to be this since they have to fight the males. Miyuki is a notable one due to her martial arts knowledge.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Played with. "Glitches" in the system allow for males to be weapons and females to be masters. Some are accidental, others have found clever ways to get around it.
- All Men Are Perverts: And HOW! Even the "Good" Masters are subject to this. The authors use a method called blackscreening which is pretty much acting like sex went down without rping it. It's RP Unlimited and there really is no way you can avoid a post unless you just skip over it completely so don't worry if you don't appreciate sex in your roleplay.
- Bi the Way: Some girls. Some guys. People aren't too picky given the environment.
- Black and White Morality: Played with. Some people really just don't care about abusing the girls OR saving them. Some just care about themselves. But hey with the villains in this Role Play how can you NOT watch your hind end?
- How Do I Shot Web?: Just like in the manga Exaclan has a beautiful documentation. Doesn't change the fact that some people still don't read it. Some authors have taken it upon themselves to make their characters ignorant on the mechanics of Exaclan.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Subverted by the active teachers. To go into detail:
- Tamashii Iwasukai, the fanatically religious Languages teacher who will not hesitate to 'exorcise' anything and everything he sees as sin with his katana.
- Tsubame Arashi, the secretly maniacal Culinary Arts teacher who hides his skills with a knife under a deceivingly sweet and campy act.
- Luke Hatshepsut, who toys with the mess (i.e: corpses) the others usually leaves behind, and the students minds with disturbing glee.
- Serial Escalation: How much more can the authors troll each other!? How much more weird can Jayith be? How much sluttier can Rosalyn get? How much more attractive can Fluff get? How much more fucked up can Terumi be?! Too bad he's gone now . . .
- How many more times can Kooler221 post the same macro?
- How many more times can the Authors abuse the ~ symbol.
- How many more Lolicons can be introduced to the Role Play.
- How much more blunt can StarwoesD make his jokes without outright calling VickiRinney a slut?
- Your Cheating Heart: Whoo boy. We got a lot of this, especially in Evalynn and Ichirou's corner.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Author's Likja and Sergetank have characters with purple and green hair respectively.