Boon Hill is the largest cemetery in Eastern California. Countless souls have been laid to rest within. What are their stories? Is there any connection between them? Did any of them know each other in life? Is there any way to know for certain? Perhaps you might find out from what's written on their tombstones.
That's pretty much the game in a nutshell. No enemies to fight, no horror, no way to die. The point of the game is to take a stroll through a graveyard and learn the stories of the dead. No pressure, no stress, just you, the graveyard, and whatever NPCs you meet therein.
Welcome To Boon Hill contains examples of:
- Dialogue Tree: There are a few other people around the cemetery, and you can sometimes ask them questions in this manner.
- No Antagonist: There's no zombies, ghosts, or whatever else in the cemetery. Just tombstones, and whoever is hanging out there.
- Featureless Protagonist: Downplayed. You can select the player character to be a boy or a girl, but the appearances are preset for either gender.
- Story Breadcrumbs: The stories of the dead can be read on their tombstones.
- Three Quarters View: The game is viewed this way.