Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine II is an upcoming Third-Person Shooter based on Warhammer 40,000. A direct sequel to Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, the game will be developed by Saber Interactive and published by Focus Home Interactive.
The game will see the return of Captain Titus, who has crossed the Rubicon Primaris and turned into a Primaris Marine. The game will have Titus facing against the ravenous Tyranid swarms of Hive Fleet Leviathan.
The game will be available for Playstation 5, Xbox Series X and PC and will be released sometime in 2023.
Previews: 2021 Game Awards Announcement Trailer, Foundations of War Dev Video, 2022 Game Awards Gameplay Trailer.
This game provides examples of:
- Big Damn Heroes: The announcement trailer begins with showing some Thunderhawks heading towards the location of a distress call, where Titus drops in from above with two Intercessors to save Guardsmen from being overwhelmed by Tyranids.
- Chainsaw Good: It wouldn't be Warhammer 40,000 without good old fashioned chainswords. Titus wields one like in the first game, but the one he wields is notably not the same chainsword as it is more utilitarian in design.
- Combat Pragmatist: Titus gets out of a Blade Lock with a Tyranid Warrior in the trailer by drawing his pistol with his free hand and shooting out the monster's kneecap.
- Darker and Edgier: In place of the occasionally comedic Orks are the subversive and merciless Tyranids.
- Death from Above: Like in the first game, Titus can utilize a jump pack (a Primaris verion) to leap several feet above the air and Ground Pound his foes.
- Dramatic Unmask: At the end of the announcement trailer, the unnamed Primaris Marine takes off his helmet to reveal he’s none other than an older, more grizzled Captain Titus, and therefore that the trailer is for a sequel to Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, which were planned but believed never to be made since the original publisher went out of business.
- The Dreaded: Invoked in the announcement trailer: when Titus takes a step forward, the Hormagaunts facing him snarl and draw back. It takes the Tyranid Warrior leading them to goad them onto the attack.
- Drop the Hammer: A Thunder Hammer is a returning weapon from the first game.
- Dual Wielding: Melee variants of the Tyranid Warriors are shown to wield dual boneswords.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: One hormagaunt gets vertically sliced in half by Titus's chainsword in the announcement trailer. The Collectors Edition statue has Titus holding a hormagaunt that's missing it's bottom half.
- Horde of Alien Locusts: Shown in the announcement trailer, the primary antagonists this time around are the tyranids, an animalistic, hive-minded species that consumes entire worlds.
- Off with His Head!: The announcement trailer has Titus rip a Tyranid Warrior's head off with his bare hands.
- Zerg Rush: One of the short clips of gameplay we see has Titus carving his way through a horde of Tyranids. Considering the Tyranids are the main enemy, and that the game is being developed by Saber Interactive, the developers of World War Z, moments like these are most likely going to be constant.