Wacko is an arcade shooter/puzzle hybrid game developed and published by Bally/Midway and released in 1983. In the game the player takes the role of Kap'n Krooz'r from the game Kozmik Krooz'r where he must fly around a moon-like stage to shoot at and destroy enemies. Krooz'r must shoot two pairs of enemies in succession to make them disappear, as shooting two different monsters will cause the two to fuse into mutant monsters which must be unmixed or paired with a like mutant to destroy.
This game provides examples of:
- Bizarre Puzzle Game: Shoot two creatures in a row to eliminate them or just fuse them together and then eliminate two fusions.
- Endless Game: Like many Golden Age games, the game goes up to Level 99 and then loops back around to the start.
- Rule of Two: Enemies must be taken down in pairs. If the other in the pair is not destroyed within a few seconds of shooting the first, they will both respawn.
- Space Zone: The game takes place on the moon, but with an orange surface.
- Spiritual Successor: To Kozmik Krooz'r since it also stars Kap'n Krooz'r from the previous game and he has his same flying ship and ability to shoot in eight directions.
- Video-Game Lives: The standard practice of losing a life if anything touches Krooz'r.