In Week 1, Boyfriend is desperate to have a proper date with Girlfriend without running into trouble as usual, so he takes her to the outskirts of town and into a nearby forest to finally have a proper date. Things are going well, until they run into a strange girl with sliced apples for pigtails. What is she doing here? And of course, she wants to challenge Boyfriend to a rap battle. Guess there's no other choice. Surely, she won't cause too much trouble. However, she does not seem to take lightly to losing so many times
In Week 2, Boyfriend and Girlfriend run into Pompom's pet macaroon dog, Mackie. After the whole singing fiasco with his owner during Week 1, he decides to steal Pompom's mic and take matters into his own paws by challenging Boyfriend in a rap battle so that he can avenge his best friend. Who knew a dog would be so good at rapping?
Song List:Week 1: Aw, Sugar Snaps! (ft. Pompom)
Week 2: Bark Bark Bark Bark Bark Bark Bark Bark Bark Bark (ft. Mackie)
Tropes in Vs. Pompom include....
- Anthropomorphic Food: Pompom is confirmed to be a living apple pie. Her dog Mackie is a nonsentient but living macaroon.
- The Blank: Mackie is a living Macarron, so Boyfriend and Girlfriend cannot read his expressions.
- Character Development: Pompom's icon while losing in Week 2 is a smiling face rather than her crying one in Week 1.
- Crowd Song: Downplayed. A crowd of people watch the rap battle during "Pom Pomeranian" and start cheering to the rhythm about halfway through the song.
- Dual Boss: Pompom joins Mackie for "Pom Pomeranian".
- Nice Girl: While not easy for her to accept a loss, Pompom ultimately means well. Week 1 ends with a picture of her on a picnic with Boyfriend and Girlfriend.
- Shout-Out: The crowd that gathers during Week 2 consists of multiple mod characters. These include:
- Sore Loser: "Stomachache" involves Pompom throwing a tantrum over her previous losses.
- Turns Red: Rather than transform, Pompom throws a tantrum over losing the past two songs.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Averted. Mackie's rapping with the boyfriend attracts a large crowd of people.
- Vague Age: Pompom is stated to be a little girl in Week 1's description and she throws a tantrum like one in her third song, but she seems to live alone. In Week 2, which can't be more than a few weeks after the first, she seems to be old enough to go into the city alone to buy groceries. Turns out she is actually 12 years old...