In the colorful Sugar Bowl that is the forest from said cartoon, Boyfriend and Girlfriend encounter Flippy, who has seemingly flipped out and become his alter ego, Fliqpy. However, it does not stop Boyfriend from challenging him to a rap battle. He's lucky that the shell-shocked green bear would spare him...
Download the mod here.note
Not to be confused with Flipped Out, which also stars the aforementioned green bear.
- "Flippy Roll"
- "Happy Tree Land"
- "Flippin Out"
- "UnFlipped Out"
- Upcoming Song
This mod provides examples of:
- Art Shift: While Flippy retains his original design, it has been slightly revamped to better match the art style of Friday Night Funkin'.
- Battle Amongst the Flames: During "Flippin Out", the forest is set alight as dead bodies of several Happy Tree Friends characters lay about.
- Decapitation Presentation: Flippy holds the head of a decapitated Mime during "Flippin Out".
- Diegetic Soundtrack Usage: The songs "Happy Tree Land" and "UnFlipped Out" are based on the Theme Tune of Happy Tree Friends.
- Easily Forgiven: When Flippy snaps out of his rage and turns back to normal in "UnFlipped Out", he apologizes for what he's done. Judging by Boyfriend's expression, he seems to be forgiving of Flippy's actions and doesn't hold a grudge.
- Evil Sounds Deep: Inverted. While flipped out, Flippy's voice is just about as high-pitched as Boyfriend's.
- Flipping the Bird: Flippy does this when he hits a right note in "Flippin Out".
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Flippy has these during "Flippin Out", where he's done playing around.
- Have a Nice Death: Lose to Flippy, and Boyfriend will have his neck snapped by him.
- Interface Screw: In "Massacre" and "Flippin Out", the arrows turn a pitch black.
- It's a Wonderful Failure: Getting blue-balled in this mod will show Boyfriend with his neck snapped. Ouch.
- Minor Injury Overreaction: In "Flippin Out", Girlfriend only suffers a small bruise on her cheek, but she starts crying as if she had broken a bone.
- Monster Munch: Mime, Cuddles, Giggles, Sniffles, Toothy, Lammy, and Russell suffer from this, as they're all killed by Flippy in "Flippin Out".
- OOC Is Serious Business:
- Boyfriend gains a slightly nervous, sweat-drenched face rather than his usual cocky grin during "Happy Tree Land" (old version), "Massacre" and "Flippin Out".
- Similarly, Girlfriend begins crying during "Flippin Out" after getting bruised.
- Post-Final Boss: "UnFlipped Out" is effectively this. After the Nintendo Hard "Flippin' Out", Flippy calms down and is Easily Forgiven by Boyfriend and Girlfriend, and the song is way calmer and slower.
- Screaming Warrior: At several points during "Flippin Out", Flippy utters his iconic scream, usually right before he decides to send an absolute barrage of notes your way.
- Secret Level: "Lol", only unlocked by not doing anything. Once you beat it, returning to the main menu plays the instrumental version, much like "Fading" from Smoke 'Em Out Struggle. Also like said mod, the game closes on you after the song ends.
- Sensory Abuse: "Massacre" and "Flippin Out" are both reminiscent of heavy metal music, with very fast and loud vocals from both Flippy and Boyfriend.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: In the Kade Engine version, Flippy has let loose a few curse words at least once in the mod's cutscenes.
- Suddenly Voiced: Flippy only speaks in gibberish with occasional audible English words in his home series, and while flipped out, he usually lets out roars and laughter. Here, Flippy is fully capable of speaking clear English.
- Villainy Discretion Shot: Flippy kills seven tree friends between "Massacre" and "Flippin Out" but it isn't shown how he killed them.