It was ported over to the ColecoVision (which was bundled with a steering wheel and gas pedal controller) and the Intellivision. (A prototype version of the game had been developed for the Atari 2600, but it hadn't been released until the 2010s through Atari Age.) It also inspired a licensed board game by Milton Bradley.
This game provides examples of
- Endless Game: You basically drive until you run out of time or out of cars.
- Racing Game: Of the rear-view drive-to-rack-up-the-most-points variety.
- Spiritual Successor: To Sega's earlier arcade game Monaco GP.
- Timed Mission: The first round requires you to pass a certain number of cars before the timer runs out.
- Video-Game Lives: You are given two cars to continue the game with when you complete the first round.