It's Halloween Night, and you're out to get all the candy and money you can. It's a big neighbourhood out there, with lots of houses to go trick or treating at. So, best get started to come home with the biggest haul you can manage.
The game was released in 2004. Two versions existed: One featured characters from Codename: Kids Next Door, and the other featured Cartoon Network's other original characters. The latter was made for a Trick or Treat for UNICEF promotion, but once it was over, it was reworked into a KND game.
The game features characters from
- Dexter's Laboratory (Dexter)
- Johnny Bravo (Johnny Bravo)
- Sheep in the Big City (Sheep)
- Ed, Edd n Eddy (Ed, Edd 'n Eddy)
Trick or Treat Beat contains examples of:
- Bedsheet Ghost: You find these wandering the neighbourhoods as obstacles. You can deal with them by turning them into frogs with the witch costume. If you want 100% Completion of a level, you actually need to turn every one of them into a frog, because doing so will give you a piece of candy.
- Clothes Make the Superman: Each costume comes with a different ability.
- Skeleton: The default costume, it allows the player to open locked gates.
- Frankenstein's Monster: Wear it and you can smash boulders and garbage cans.
- Gill Man: This costume allows you to wade in the streams.
- Vampire: This costume allows you to transform into a bat and fly over trees.
- Witch: This costume allows you to turn "ghosts" into frogs.
- Delinquent Hair: Eddy has a red mohawk as a part of his Halloween costume.
- Elvis Impersonator: Johnny Bravo is dressed up as Elvis Presley. Doubles as a Mythology Gag to the original student film that inspired his character.
- Instant Costume Change: You will immediately switch costumes upon touching the costume squares.
- Puzzle Game: You have to figure out how to effectively use the costumes in order to get all the candy and coins from houses in the shortest time possible, with the levels becoming slowly more complex as you go.
- Rewarding Vandalism: You can get candy from smashing garbage cans.
- The Trees Have Faces: Some levels contain a large tree with a face on it.
- Timed Mission: You have a limited amount of time on each level to collect all the candy and coins.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: The vampire costume allows the Player Character to turn into a bat and fly over trees and ledges.
- Wishing Well: Some levels contain these. You can interact with them to find candy, coins, or the level's bonus item.