Just before Treasure Planet came out on theaters, a game for the PlayStation, PlayStation 2 and Game Boy Advance based on the film was released. It showed different worlds and gave players the ability to play as Jim Hawkins.
This video game provides examples of:
- Adaptational Early Appearance:
- Morph is with Jim at the very beginning, where in the movie he didn't show up until the RLS Legacy.
- Jim and Silver meet as early as Montressor, rather than on the Legacy.
- Adaptational Heroism: In the GBA version, Silver is not part of the pirate mutiny.
- All There in the Manual: Some of the game can be this compared to the original film.
- Forced Tutorial: It is narrated by Dr. Doppler and Long John Silver.
- Gameplay and Story Segregation: The cutscenes are actual clips of the film.
- Spiritual Successor: To Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy.
- Videogame Cruelty Potential: You can hit your allies.
- You Got Spunk: If you hit Captain Amelia, she will either say "Lucky shot, think you can do it again?" or "Just try that again Mr. Hawkins!"