Tower of Greed is an Adobe Flash video game by Epic Shadow released in 2009. You play as an odd white thing with green eyes and have to climb the titular tower without falling down. Every floor has plenty of gems to collect which make up your score, but losing makes you lose all of them. There are also 64 trophies to collect, but again, you don't keep them when you lose. Every 5 floors, there is a door which lets you escape with them. There are also 3 enemy types that push you back upon collision, 4 power-ups to help with collecting/getting as high as possible, and several other things.
This game provides examples of:
- Achievement System: There are 64 trophies to earn for collecting gems, reaching a certain floor, etc. You have to exit the tower to actually keep them, though.
- All or Nothing: Escape the tower, and you get to keep everything you've collected. Fall, and you're left with nothing.
- Cartoon Creature: The thing you're controlling. It has a big white body with eyes, bear-like ears, and very short limbs.
- Difficulty by Acceleration: The tower's scrolling speed goes up slightly over the course of the game.
- Endless Game: No matter how high you get, you won't reach the top of the tower, if there even is one.
- Greed: The whole idea, as shown in the title. You'll want to collect as many gems as possible and earn in-game cash from it, but go too far and you will die.
- Knockback: You can't die from enemy attacks, but they do push you back, which can easily become dangerous if you fall down.
- Mercy Invincibility: The player character is temporarily invincible after getting hit.
- No Plot? No Problem!: No plot is provided in the instructions or anywhere else.
- Power-Up Magnet: The Magnet attracts gems visible on the screen (and some that are off-screen) to you.
- Retraux: This Flash game goes for NES/GBC-style graphics, with simplistic colors and sprites.
- Rise to the Challenge: You have to climb as the tower keeps rising and you can't fall down the pit at the bottom.
- Temporary Platform: Grey platforms crumble shortly after you step on them.
- Time Stands Still: The Hourglass lets you freeze time and screen scrolling for a bit, though enemies are still harmful even if they can't move.
- You Are Already Dead: For some reason, after you get knocked off the screen but time is frozen, the screen is still there, but you can't get out of the pit, forcing death as soon as its effect runs out.