Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object is a video game created by Team Shanghai Alice for Windows computers in 2009. It's the twelfth installment in the Touhou franchise.
Reimu Hakurei, Marisa Kirisame and Sanae Kochiya are investgating a strange flying object in the sky.
The game features the colored UFO mechanic. By collecting saucers of a different color, the player can get more life pieces, bombs, or point bonuses.
The game's official website can be found here (in Japanese).
This game provides examples of:
- Breaking the Fourth Wall:
- Kogasa appears on the disc in an attempt to surprise you.
- In Sanae's scenario, she mistakes the Power items for secret treasures.
- Flying Saucer: Part of the system involves collecting small UFOs from certain enemies that carry them. Upon collecting a red, blue and green one or three of the same color, a large UFO appears, abducts all items onscreen, and tries to fly offscreen. The saucer drops rewards upon defeat - the loot varies depending on the UFO's color and how much it absorbed.
- Game-Breaking Bug: Reaching 1 billion points would up and crash the game. A patch was released to fix this 12 days after release.
- Heartbeat Soundtrack: Stage 6 theme has this. Probably counts as a Mythology Gag to the PC-98 games, since ZUN wanted to do the Mystic Square stage 6 theme with heartbeat sounds.
- Recurring Riff: Stage 6 theme Fires of Hokkai is based on Mystic Square Stage 6 theme World's End.