As everyone knows, game development is hard, but for Shovelworks Studios, the world's worst video game studio, it damn near impossible, having never gotten a decent score. But with the help of a new animator, will Shovelworks finally get above 3 out of 10?
3 out of 10 is an episodic, animated game series created by Terrible Posture Games and Epic Store Exclusive about the adventures of developers at the world's worst video game studio as they endure antics both absurd and topical in various mini-games. The first episode was released on August 6, with every episode being released a week after.
- Episode One: Welcome To Shovelworks; While releasing Surfing With Sharks, intern Midge Potter joins Shovelworks Studios as it's new animator, due to the old one exploding. Unfortunately, a mob of angry fans start protesting outside for the shark of the game to be fixed or cancel the game entirely. Midge must help quell the protestors while dealing with the bizarre secrets of the studio.
- Episode Two: Foundation 101; Sick of the countless "interns" being shipped to them, Midge decides to head to the school where they're coming from and return them, only to learn of a dark secret festering in the school.
- Episode Three: Pivot Like A Champion; The team are unable to agree on what additional game elements should Surfing With Sharks have, so they settle this the only way they know how: an office-wide Battle Royale.
- Episode Four: Thank You For Being An Asset To Our Company; With investors coming over for a meeting, Jeb assigns Francine to redecorate the office in two days. Meanwhile, someone has replaced the game's shark designs with high-end 3D models, leaving Midge, Kevin, and Pylon to investigate who was responsible.
- Episode Five: The Rig Is Up!; Pylon and Kevin go on an adventure to fix Pylon's...missing face.
Tropes that this game includes:
- Blood Knight: Viper shows shades of this.
- Canada, Eh?: Pylon and Kevin go here for healthcare in the fifth episode.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: Pylon, as the pilot episode shows. His idea of feeding the rioting fans is making them a Ketchup Granola Stew, consisting of ketchup, granola, and salsa...which looks disgusting as it sounds once it's finished. Apparently it was also poisonous.
- A Day in the Limelight: Episode Four is this for Francine and Ben.
- Fictional Video Game: Shovelworks makes fictional games.
- Gilligan Cut: Kevin asserts that Jeb would never sign to the game college's terms regarding the interns. Cut to Jeb dancing naked in his office while signing a bunch of papers, and Kevin admits he would sign it.
- Hypocrite: Midge is disgusted by everything that happens within the studio, deciding to leave upon finding out that the engineers do the interns. It turns outs that Midge has her own dark secrets, albeit more sympathetic ones, as revealed by Mr. Umbrella.
- Kill It with Fire: How Viper saves the office from stock template game developers near the end of episode four.
- Klotski: Stock puzzle to retrieve an intern from the supply closet, with stars awarded for fewest moves.
- Lethal Chef: Again, Pylon. The resulting Ketchup Granola Stew was so bad that their game review score tracker got lowered to 2 because the stew was poisonous.Kevin: Does anyone know how to cook?Pylon: Oh! I do!Kevin: Does anyone except Pylon know how to cook?
- Only Sane Man: Midge. Ben also qualifies.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Francine doesn't even bother to participate in the office battle royale in episode three, leaving the office and spending her time at the coffee shop.
- Spontaneous Human Combustion: Javier, the previous game animator, blew up out of stress. The rest of the studio doesn't seem disturbed by this, as it's been a week before the game started.
- Trademark Favorite Condiment: Ketchup, for Pylon. He even has a "secret" stash of ketchup bottles on top of a shelf near the office's television.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Midge seems to be the only one worried about Javier's blood-soaked desk, or the tentacle monster in the fridge.
- Wham Line:
Midge:"Checkin 4702, 12:15am..." So around midnight last night..."Submission Notes: Added revised Shark model with fancy shaders. Contributor, Midge P..." This can't be right. That's...me.
- Episode Four:
- Wham Shot:
- At the end of the first episode, it's revealed that Midge has been involved with illegal activities, and is blackmailed into staying by mysterious contacts. Her mission is also simple; to make sure they never make a good game, or it will be The End of the World as We Know It.
- In episode four, the game review score tracker rises up to 4 for the first time ever.