David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson voiced their characters from the show, Agents Mulder and Scully.
- Adventure Town: The agents travel to a small town in the Rocky Mountains to dig into the source of some strange and unexplained murders.
- Action Girl: Scully full stop. She proves herself more than capable of taking on the horrors she encounters without so much as batting an eyelash whilst using an impressive arsenal of weapons.
- Burn the Witch!: One storyline features Mulder and Scully travelling to small town to prevent several girls' execution in this manner.
- Cool Guns: Scully gets her hands on an M4 assault rifle, AK-47, and even a flamethrower during her campaign. She proves to be incredibly capable with all of them.
- Myth Arc: The game follows the show's established mythology, including the elements of alien colonization and the "black oil" (also known as Purity or the Black Cancer).
- Short-Range Shotgun: Played straight. Mulder and Scully both have access to shotguns during their respective campaigns and they are only effective out to a few feet. To compensate, they do cause significant knockback making them invaluable for boss fights.
- Shout-Out: See the sub-page listing shout-outs from the whole franchise.