The Wizard Of Oz is a side-scrolling platform game on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. It's based on the the 1939 movie of the same name. The game was developed by Seta.
Needs Wiki Magic Love
The game provides examples of:
- Adaptation Expansion: The bosses Dorothy fights in this game include a giant crow wearing a vest, an anthropomorphic steam engine, and a rat king, none of which were in the movie.
- Backtracking: Ammunition (which comes in the form of gems or stars) is scarce in this game, as only a few stages in the game have it. You'll mostly have to go back to Shy Village to refill your ammo.
- Bee Afraid: There are bee enemies that will try to sting you.
- Big Fancy Castle: Mauve Castle, home of the Wicked Witch of the West.
- Bonus Stage: There are several mini-games to win a ticket. One of the mini-games features the unscramble the letters to make a word like You are not in Kansas Anymore!
- Crystal Landscape: Crimson Caves and Athemyst Mountains, where the plaforms are made of giant gems.
- Death Mountain: Gamboge Gorge.
- Final Death: If the Scarecrow, Tin Man, or Lion die, they're dead for the rest of the game. Though you can pick up lives for all three of them, they're pretty rare in comparison to Dorothy's.
- Green Hill Zone: Shy Village, Maize Meadow, Saffron Fields, and Navy Village.
- Licensed Game: Based on the 1939 The Wizard of Oz movie.
- The Lost Woods: Lemon Trees, Carnelian Forest, Scarlet Marsh, Zaffer Forest, Azure Hedges, Mallow Marsh, Lilac Forest, and Lavender Gardens.
- Mighty Glacier: The Tin Man can kick and use his axe, but walks slowly and is unable to jump or duck.
- Multiple Life Bars: Each of the four characters has their own individual life bar, so if one character is low on health, you can switch to one that isn't.
- Password Save: This game uses a 24-letter password system.
- Pipe Maze: Smalt Furnace, though you can't actually travel through the pipes.
- Plot Coupon: Over the course of the game, you'll need to collect bricks and tickets. Bricks are used to build a bridge from one country to the next, and tickets are used to enter Emerald City at the end of the game.
- Post-Final Boss: After you defeat the Wicked Witch of the West, you still have to travel to Emerald City and find the two keys so you can meet the Wizard.
- River of Insanity: Rouge River, Red Fork, where you have to hop across logs as they travel downriver.
- Wicked Witch: The Wicked Witch of the West, who serves as the Final Boss of the game.