You play as a thief. Who is very organized, as he has a list of things he wants to steal as he breaks into a person's empty house in the dead of night. The house is littered with props, and you have to collect the props listed on your randomly-generated list. While it seems like a typical neat scavenger hunt game, after a few minutes, you hear someone pulling up outside. The owner of the house begins patrolling his residence, and if he sees you, prepare for a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown.
- Bag of Holding: Though it's not indicated that the thief has a bag, he can store gold bars, TVs, lawn mowers, and the like.
- The Blank: Thanks to the simplistic art-style of the game, the owner's face is completely blank.
- Boxing Kangaroo: Every now and again, the owner is replaced with a boxing-glove-wearing kangaroo for no reason.
- Collector of the Strange: Potential things on the list range from reasonable items like televisions, watches, and gold to far stranger items, such as bottles of wine, lawnmowers, and grills.
- Featureless Protagonist: The thief is a voiceless First-Person Ghost. In the achievement icons, he's drawn as a black humanoid.
- The Grim Reaper: In the Halloween mode, the owner is the Grim Reaper.
- Hero Antagonist: The only antagonist, the owner, would be seen as a heroic badass in any other situation, as he's just a guy defending his home from a criminal. With his bare hands.
- Land Downunder: The game is quite Australian, as the owner is sometimes a kangaroo, there are sometimes Australian flags littering the house, and you get an achievement for putting a shrimp on the barbecue.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: The owner smacks the shit out of the thief if he finds him.
- Tick Tock Terror: The grandfather clock found in the house helps immensely to set up the creepy atmosphere in the game, due to it's constant ticking. At one point, it will also make an ominous, deep chime, indicating that the owner will arrive home soon. In the Halloween edition, you can destroy the clock if you drop it into the cauldron, getting rid of the tick.
- Villain Protagonist: You play as a thief breaking into a person's house and stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of expensive stuff.