The Snack World is a new cross-media franchise from Japanese developer Level-5. The game will be for 3DS and mobile devices, while also spanning across not only an anime and manga series, but also a toy line. The series follows Chup, Pepperon, and Mayone, three adventurers within the Snack World. The game utilizes NFC technology to make use of the franchise's Jara, a line of toys that resemble weapons that Chup can find and use within The Snack World.
The Snack World contains the following examples:
- Anime of the Game
- Cast of Snowflakes
- Dark and Troubled Past: Chup's village was destroyed and his mother killed before he met Pepperon and Mayone.
- Meaningful Name: The Snack World is filled with characters based off of various foods...
- Punny Name: ...such as Chup (Ketchup), Pepperon (Pepperoni), Mayone (Mayonnaise)
- Ocular Gushers: Chup has these when he's crying over the death of his mother.
- Francine also has these when she flies away after dropping the trio off at Medusa's lair in the reveal short.
- Urban Fantasy: An inversion. The Snack World is set in a traditional Fantasy RPG world, but modern concepts such as convenience stores and cell phones exist.