The Simpsons: Bart Vs The Juggernauts is a 1992 Game Boy game released by Acclaim alongside their other Simpson games of the era. Parodying the popular American Gladiators series, the game is centered around a show called Juggernauts USA making a visit to Springfield and one lucky citizen will get the chance to take on the Juggernauts for the chance to either win big, or go home in a body cast. Somehow, this lucky contestant ends up being 10-year old Bart Simpson...
The game is divided up over the course of several weeks of events, where the goal is to win a certain amount of money to pass to the next round. The events are:
- Moe's Tavern Shove Fest: A wrestling game in which Bart must shove his opponents off the platform.
- Nuclear Plant Bop 'Til You Drop: A jousting game inspired by the American Gladiators' Joust, played on top Nuclear Power Plant Cooling Towers with radioactive sludge at the bottom.
- Dr. Marvin Monroe's Hop, Skip and Fry: A basketball-like game in which Bart must score points while avoiding opponents and stepping on a black-colored square.
- Herman's Military Minefield Mayhem: A war-themed Death Course, in which Bart must navigate through a minefield while avoiding mortar fire.
- Capt. Murdock's Skateboard Bash and Crash: A skateboarding game in which Bart must attempt to jump off a ramp and hit one of the Juggernauts on a platform.
- The Krustyland Hammer Slammer: A game in which Bart must hit several levers with a mallet in order to keep the Juggernauts from descending to the ground.
- The Kwik-E-Mart Doggie Dodge: A platform game in which Bart must overcome different obstacles in order to get into the Kwik-E-Mart.
Bart vs. the Juggernauts provides examples of:
- Amazonian Beauty: Snarla, the female Juggernaut, is 6 feet 2 inches, weighs 163 pounds, wears a bikini and is shown as being muscular.
- Angry Guard Dog: In the Kwik-E-Mart Doggie Dodge Bart has to avoid angry dogs in order to get into the Kwi-E-Mart and order a special shake.
- Announcer Chatter: Kent Brockman and Dr. Marvin Monroe who serve as commentators and hosts for the games.
- Cool Car: If Bart manages to make it through the whole game and win the required amount of money, he wins the grand prize - the Truckosaurus Rex truck!
- David vs. Goliath: It's even brought up in-game when Monroe points out that Bart is, you know, 10-years old, and even the smallest of the Juggernauts is an amazonian woman weighing in at around 160 lbs. Most of them are much bigger.
- Go Fetch: One way to neutralize the guard dogs in the Kwik-E-Mart Doggie Dodge is to use the bone item to distract them.
- Post-Kiss Catatonia: Bart's first opponent in the Shove Fest event at Moe's Tavern is Snarla, an amazonian female Juggernaut. If she kisses Bart, the young boy will be stunned in place, leaving him vulnerable to further shoves by Snarla.
- Sumo Wrestling: The Shove Fest event held at Moe's Tavern.
- "Test Your Strength" Game: The Krustyland Hammer Slammer game has Bart hitting several of these with a mallet in order to prevent the Juggernauts from descending to the floor.