There are three types of gameplay: the standard Top-Down View, first person driving segments and sidescrolling diving segments.
This game has examples of:
- Big "NO!": Used in the opening, which shows the Punisher reacting to deaths of his family.
- Game-Over Man: If you die in the field, the Kingpin will briefly appear to scowl at you.
- Knife Nut: Your only weapon in the underwater segments is a knife.
- Mission Control: At the Punisher's hideout, he can get information from the organization calling itself the Trust for possible missions.
- Protagonist Title
- Shows Damage: As the Punisher takes damage, his Character Portrait gets replaced by a skull.
- You Lose at Zero Trust: If you anger the police enough by killing innocents and destroying property, they will kill you.