A video game adaptation of the hit 2001 film, it lets players play as either Rick or Imhotep.
This video game provides examples of:
- Another Side, Another Story: The game lets players play as either Rick or Imhotep.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Imhotep's ending.
- Canon Discontinuity: Imhotep's ending is considered this thanks to the release of The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor.
- Dueling Player Characters: Just before the end with the Scorpion King, the player as their character gets to defeat their respective foe.
- Evil vs. Evil: Imhotep against the Scorpion King.
- Final Boss: The Scorpion King.
- Jungle Japes: The Jungle levels.
- Menacing Museum: Both Rick and Imhotep have levels set at the British Museum after closing time, each with its own share of threats. If you're playing as Rick, you have to fight your way through Imhotep's cult, plus every single mummy in the museum brought to life by Imhotep's power... but if you're playing Imhotep, you're the menace in the museum, pitted against terrified security guards and (later) hopelessly outmatched Medjai.
- Narrator: Ardeth Bay, as in the original first two films.
- Title Drop: Ardeth Bay says this during his narrations in-between levels.
- Villain Protagonist: If you play as Imhotep.
- Wolverine Publicity: Not only the film's poster showcase Dwayne Johnson as the pre-transformation Scorpion King but he is also shown in the cover of the video game, where only his scorpion form is shown in the game.