After going through an odd door, Martin discovers himself locked inside a museumthe Geimann art gallery, with which he holds a connection. The two places, however, have no apparent relation, and are in entirely different locations. Things are beginning to dive into madness.
The Marionette demonstrates:
- Big "NO!": The fake corpse doll screams no when you kill it.
- Bittersweet Ending: Martin stays with Eshana in the world she's crafted.
- Creepy Doll: Two of them, actually. The first, more easily missed doll is inside the television cabinet, complete with a birthday card for Alice. The second is the marionette in her bedroom, posed to to have its arms be a five, and its legs be a four; combined, those numbers unlock the door to the museum.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Alice's father disappeared, and while her mother was loving, she really wanted Alice to be a model.
- Disappeared Dad: Alice's dad vanished under unknown circumstances.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Alice's game. When it comes right down to it, she's punishing her employer for not falling in love with her after only knowing him a few weeks.
- Downer Ending:
- You fail to show Eshana that she was loved, and she turns Martin into a Person Puppet to have him walk into oncoming traffic.
- You don't even bother trying to soothe Eshana, and instead attack. She dies, but not before strangling Martin with the ropes binding him
- Driven to Suicide: Implied with Eshana/Alice, if you tell Giuseppe She killed someone over the phone.
- Flash Back: The photos obtained in Hotel Court Royale are of nearby objects, which, when examined, trigger different instances of the night Eshana confessed her love to Martin. After all four have been seen, the door unlocks, and trying to leave shows the aforementioned evening.
- Golden Ending: Martin successfully convinces Eshana of how she was loved by both her mother and himself, and that Robert wasn't as despicable as she thought. She then releases him back into the real world.
- Journey to the Center of the Mind: Giuseppe says that Martin is being lead through where his world intersects with Alice's, but it's closer to being lead through her memories.
- Non-Standard Game Over: You can die while fighting the fake corpse.
- Permanently Missable Content: Your sketch book, the scraps of it hidden on the sofa and in the locked desk, the keys to said desk, the photograph, the blue folder, the to-do list, the knife, and the bear traps. Some of those are necessary to reach the Golden Ending.
- Room Full of Crazy: The room Martin finds Giuseppe murdered in:
- Spoiled Sweet: Eshana. She's dreamy and affectionate, but accustomed both to glamorous luxury and doing whatever she's told due to the modeling career she began as a child. Her sweetness is part of her childish nature. When she goes full on Woman Scorned, she's not just lashing out at Martin, she's lashing out against her entire life.