Trails of Origins, known in Japan as Hajimari no Kisekinote , is the tenth game in Falcom's long-running Kiseki Series of Eastern RPGs, continuing the story after the end of Cold Steel IV. Still set in Erebonia, the game depicts the empire as well as the city of Crossbell dealing with the aftermath of the previous games' events, with many characters having their backgrounds explored through various "Episodes."
The game is scheduled for release in Summer of 2020. Website can be found here (spoilers ahead).
Expect spoilers for previous games in the franchise.
This game provides examples of:
- The Bus Came Back: Characters from previous games who didn't make an appearance in Cold Steel IV (outside of maybe brief cameos in the ending) make a return in this game. The initial announcement confirms Rixia, Noel, Arios, and Shizuku.
- Before this, it was also confirmed in Dengeki magazine that Scarlet, as well as Thoma Worzel (Gaius's younger brother) will appear in this game, after not appearing at all since Cold Steel II.
- The scans revealing Crossbell have confirmed the return of Wazy, Sergei, Dudley, Fran, Zeit, and Mireille.
- Cool Mask: The initial announcement features an unknown character wearing a black mask that covers his whole head.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: The initial announcement confirmed that there will be over 50 playable characters, more than any previous game.
- Switching P.O.V.: According to Falcom's president Toshihiro Kondo, the game will often switch between 3 different protagonist groups: the heroes (represented by Rean Schwarzer), the liberators (represented by Lloyd Bannings), and the hermits (represented by the new masked character).