Stop us if you've heard this one. Once, there was a girl locked up in a castle at the end of the world. This castle was ruled over by a very evil queen. One day, the girl managed to escape from the cage she was locked in, and set out to find a way out. On her way, she found a robot she discovered she could control with a special amulet she had in her possession. So, with her new robot friend, the girl set out to find her way to freedom.
The Girl And The Robot contains examples of:
- A Boy and His X: A girl and her robot friend.
- Autosave: These activate when you reach certain points. You know this has happened when you see "Now Saving" in the top right corner.
- Big Fancy Castle: The game is set in one ruled over by an evil queen.
- Bow and Sword in Accord: The robot has a sword, and an archer's bow, which is used for both combat and puzzle solving.
- Clothing Damage: Damage being done to robots is indicated by pieces of their armor breaking off.
- Defeat Equals Explosion: Since the enemies in the game are robots, they explode when defeated. Try not to be near them when they explode, because being in the blast causes damage.
- In the Back: If the robot is behind an enemy, he can stab the power source in the back to One-Hit KO them.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: The robot carries around a shield it can use to protect itself from attacks.
- Mecha-Mooks: The castle in the game is full of robots to combat.
- Nameless Narrative: No one in the game is ever given a name.
- Player Character Calculus: The game has two playable characters that you can switch between at any time.
- Pressure Plate: You'll see a lot of these in the game. They're used for puzzle solving.
- Shoulder Teammate: The robot can carry the girl around on its shoulder.
- To Be Continued: The game ends with the girl falling into the chasm in the throne room after the Woman In Black drops her into it, and stabs the robot in the back when he tries to save her. After the credits roll, "To Be Continued" can be seen in the corner of the screen.