At the start of the game, each player picks a character and begins to embark on her daring adventures. The main goal is to master several badges, which players can achieve by exploring caves, going on spy missions and playing double dutch. The daring heroine can make friends, too. As opposed to other games where you have to build up a relationship meter, your heroine can merely chuck a friendship bracelet toward another girl for instant bonding.
This game provides examples of:
- Anticlimax: You never actually get to go on the promised trip to Mount McKinley or any of those other places. It is told to you only in pictures.
- Collection Sidequest: Too many. The elements are a good example, though thankfully you don't need all 118.
- Edutainment Game: It tries!
- Fishing Minigame: Surprisingly averted, as there is no fishing.
- In-Universe Game Clock: Despite the game having one of these, it takes an obnoxiously long time to grow plants.
- Loading Screen: They give you answers to the questions of the evil trivia girl.
- Loads and Loads of Loading: And loads.
- Simulation Game: The whole point.