The Communitree is an Idle Game made in The Modding Tree by ducdat0507 and released in 2021. You start in the Jacorb layer where you earn Jacorb points and gain access to a simplified version of the original Prestige Tree game, then play layers based on games by other modders, but with new content and rebalancing.
It is playable on Github.
Compare The Multitree, which also has representations of other mods, although it has several trees.
This game provides examples of:
- Anti-Climax: In Giftcode Hunter, you can leave the room once you get a 1e12 multiplier. When you do so, the game just goes "ok, i'm not going to do anymore of this" and grants you a 1,000,000 multiplier to end it quickly.
- Bait-and-Switch: Upon getting 1e1,500 candies, you can buy an upgrade that unlocks the real Candy Tab. Once you buy it, you get... a soda called the Candy Tab, rather than another tab for gameplay.
- After removing their softcaps, the "Initialize.", "Coding.", and "Release." upgrades have a hardcap of 1e1,000,000.
- You can only have 100 buildings of each type in the Farming tab of the Acamaeda layer.
- Quest difficulty caps at 999,999,999,999.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Each layer has its own color, though their nodes may combine several colors.
- Jacorb: Purple
- Aarex: Pastel lemon
- Acamaeda: Camo
- thefinaluptake: Periwinkle
- Despacit: Light green
- Cooldown: Healing Candy and Spell Bonanza have a 60-second cooldown between uses. Time Reversal has a 90-second one.
- Content Warning: You're warned that some parts of the game have flashing lights, but you can turn them off in the options.
- Export Save: You can copy the 16KB+ save into the clipboard and paste it into the game.
- Game Within a Game: Giftcode Hunter is a text adventure purchasable for 1e188 gift points, where you have to type in commands suggested by the game to progress the story about finding more giftcodes and ultimately finishing the section.
- Gamer Chick: Your girlfriend in Giftcode Hunter is stated to regularly play games and you're friends with her in the game you play together anyway.
- Loot Boxes: Upgrade two in the Mergents tab grants you one random special mergeable (multiplier, accelerator, sinusoidal, etc.) at an increasing mergent cost, with a similar percentage chance for all types until you get a new type.
- Lucky Seven: The "Corpses as Fertilizer" upgrade costs 7.77e777 lollipops. It makes drop candies boost "Improved Fertilizer"'s effect.
- Megamix Game: As indicated by the name, this game combines lots of major elements from Jacorb's orginal game and the community's other mods and even some other games.
- Meta Twist: Unlike the original, trying to throw 10 candies on the ground in the Candy tab just makes the game decline the action.
- Point of No Return: Happens a lot. Buy a next progress stage? You're not going back to see the previous one again unless you keep an exported save handy.
- Buying the "Simplify things a bit" upgrade in the Aarex layer makes most upgrades and features from the Jacorb layer inaccessible, in exchange for easily letting you claim phantom souls and providing an insane boost to point gain based on time spent in the Jacorb reset.
- Performing an Acamaeda reset renders the Aarex Dimensions minigame and all its upgrades inaccessible.
- Buying The Modding Tree tab fully replaces the Candy tab in the Acamaeda layer.
- Finishing a modder's section will render their layer inaccessible, as it soon gets replaced with another one.
- Pun-Based Title: Titled after "The community" and "Tree".
- Rhetorical Question Blunder: Typing "find" in Giftcode Hunter without any other thing will make the game ask "Find? Find what? Girlfriends?" You can type that in and discover you already have one.
- Shout-Out: Version 0.4 is named Highly Responsive to Modifications.
- Skill Point Reset: You can reset all upgrades in Upgrade tree at the cost of component points, which is necessary sometimes as they increase the cost of all other upgrades in the same row.
- Trade Snark: Your Aireagle Browser(tm) in Giftcode Hunter.