Teki Paki is an Arcade Game by Toaplan which was released in 1991. Unlike most of their offerings, it's a Puzzle Game in which you have to match at least five blocks of the same color next to each other and aim for the highest possible score. Once the whole game board is full, the game ends. There are also other blocks that spice up the gameplay, like dynamite that clears up the whole screen and gives a 100000 point bonus when you match five of it and a Smily that acts as a wild card.
Teki Paki was rereleased in 2021 as part of the Compilation Rerelease Kyuukyoku Tiger Heli for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch, alongside Tiger Heli, Twin Cobra, and Guardian; physical copies of Kyuukyoku Tiger Heli come with a download code for Teki Paki.
This game provides examples of:
- Attract Mode: The game has a "DEMONSTRATION" mode that shows some of its gameplay, including combos and destroying all blocks with dynamite.
- Brainwashed: The title translates to "Brainwashing Game", so it was meant to do so on the player.
- Cap: The point counter doesn't rise above 9999990. Same with the level counter at 999.
- Difficulty by Acceleration: Later levels increase the blocks' drop speed.
- No Plot? No Problem!: No plot in this game to speak of. Just connect blocks.
- Scoring Points: You earn points based on how many blocks you destroy at once and how many chains you set off at once.