Tale of Wuxia (Originally published as Xiake Fengyun Zhuan) is a role-playing and single-player PC game, made by Heluo Studio. In the game, the player takes on the role of present-day protagonist, who wakes up one day to find himself in the ancient Chinese Jianghu (martial arts world). The player learns that in order to return to modern society, he must find all the fourteen novels by Jin Yong and be declared champion of the Jianghu. The books are scattered around the Jianghu and the player must interact with many characters from the novels, each with his / her own story to tell. Some characters are friendly and willing to help the player in his quest, while others are hostile and fight with him. The player must learn his own martial arts in order to coerce or persuade others to give him the books. There are a wide variety of martial arts styles and weapons available, including sword, saber, whip, and palm styles. The player can also choose to follow a righteous or evil path through his actions and deeds, with different reactions from characters depending on what path he takes.
The game provides examples of:
- Academy of Evil: The Tianlong sect is this to the other sects.
- Big Damn Heroes: The Xiaoyao senior disciples when they saved the MC and Qin Hongshang from being trapped in the burning building.
- Captain Oblivious: Until Wang Rong joins the Xiaoyao sect, the all-male Xiaoyao disciples never knew that women had monthly periods.
- Drunken Master: There's literally one who's named Drunken Master.
- To Be a Master: The MC's goal is to be the greatest martial artist in the world.
- Useless Protagonist: The MC is extremely weak in the beginning and has to rely on pretty much everyone around him to fight the bad guys.