The game features a boy Ningu, who is named after the developer's name, as he prepares for his ceremony at his age 15. As an upcoming member of 'Thieves' Town', he is claimed to bring something valuable by himself. Accompanied by his friend, they embark in an adventure to gather some treasures nearby his place - and so it begins...
This show provides examples of:
- After the End: In chapter 2, you can find English alphabets in festival, regarded as ancient script. Things become apparent in chapter 3, when protagonists are trapped in remains, which later turns out to be a part of amusement park.
- Bag of Sharing: Due to a limit of the tool, all character share the same inventory however far they are.
- Expy: The protagonists, Ningu and Seo-kkin, make their appearance in official La Tale comic. It was drawn by the same author of Surprisia, though it has nothing to do with the game. However, due to the author's retirement, it got Gainax Ending in the end. You can view whole strips here.
- Get on the Boat: The opening of chapter 2.
- Good All Along: King Big.
- Let's Split Up, Gang!
- No Fair Cheating: If you manipulate in-game variables like money, anti-cheat algorism will know it and directly lead you to Game Over screen.
- Saving the World
- Unlockable Content: The author himself shows up in secret place, from the beginning to the end of game. Whenever you find him, he'll throw some fourth wall breaking jokes, then teach you where you can him next time. If you skip any of them, he'll never appear again till the end of chapter. You shouldn't, because he'll join your party after the last event in chapter 3.