Superman: Shadow of Apokolips is a 2002 video game for the PlayStation 2 and Nintendo Gamecube, developed by Infogrames Sheffield House, and published by Infogrames under the Atari banner.
- Book Ends: The game begins and ends with a battle against Metallo.
- Cel Shading: The game uses this to simulate the cartoon.
- Enemy-Detecting Radar: Not only does it detect enemies, but also objectives.
- Health Meter: This Superman game lets Superman lose his health.
- Motive Decay: Averted. In the DCAU proper, Metallo seemed to forget all about his vendetta against Lex Luthor after his first appearance. In this game, he still hasn't forgotten what Luthor did to him and promises he'll go after Luthor eventually.
- Regenerating Health: Superman's health automatically regenerates when he isn't hurt.
- Secondary Adaptation: It is a video game based on the Superman cartoon.
- Starter Villain: Superman encounters Metallo in the opening cutscene.
- Wide-Open Sandbox: This is one of the few superhero games released before Spider-Man 2 to be set in one.