Super Mario Galaxy 2.5 is a mod for Super Mario Galaxy 2, created with the team's Level Editor, Anarchy in the Galaxy. Its main purpose is to use SMG2's engine to produce a new game, which includes new levels, new gameplay mechanics, and new features. The team's previous main site can be found here. The Project's current official site, however, can be found here. In addition, the team currenly uses a new editor called "Whitehole" instead of Anarchy in the Galaxy.
A trailer and demo have been released. However the team has confirmed that the galaxy featured in the demo, Planet Plains, will NOT be in the final game (as all galaxies have been decided). In January 2014, the game was canceled.
Tropes present in this hack:
- Fan Sequel
- Game Mod
- Green Hill Zone: Planet Plains Galaxy
- Lethal Lava Land
- Nostalgia Level: Bob-Omb Battlefield from Super Mario 64 is part of the game.
- Numbered Sequels: Unlike most examples of this trope, this game's number is a decimal one.
- Power-Up Mount: Yoshi.
- Save the Princess: As the cutscenes of the game cannot be changed, Peach will be forced to be kidnapped.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World
- Vaporware: The project was cancelled early in January 2014, due to the enormous scale of the project and lack of time and motivation.