Super Lesbian Animal RPG (SLARPG) is a turn-based RPG in development by Bobby Schroeder (also known as ponettplus and for the Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie Comics) commentary blog Thanks Ken Penders) using RPG Maker VX Ace. A demo was released in February 2018 that covers the first dungeon of the game.
Melody Amaranth is a benevolent, transgender, and bisexual red fox who starts training as a paladin to support her new girlfriend, a lesbian, strong, and adventurous desert cottontail punk rocker named Allison Goleta after she decides to become an adventurer. After some lighthearted adventurer business gets out of hand, they and their friends Claire Higsby, a transgender, lesbian, and somewhat reckless Highland cow witch, and Jodie Caldwell, a lesbian Bengal tiger knight, find themselves responsible for the fate of their town.
Was originally a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fangame called Super Lesbian Horse RPG, but has been significantly reworked and expanded.
Super Lesbian Trope RPG:
- Adventure Guild: The Paladin Brigade is a big one, while Claire is trying to start her own guild with the other protagonists.
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Both Melody and Allison are shades of pink. Claire is a subtle example, with yellow-ish fur and orange-ish hair. Jodie has some dark magenta fur.
- Ascended Fanfic: As noted, it began as a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fangame.
- Battle Couple: Melody and Allison. Allison is a frontline fighter while Melody tends more towards support.
- Cast Full of Gay: You did read the summation above, right? The protagonists are lesbians, with the exception of Melody, who is bisexual, and two are trans women. Not to mention most of the major characters are LGBTQIA+ also. The FAQ discusses this trope.Are all of the characters in the game gay?Not all of them, but a lot of the major characters are. I dont want the games world to be a world where everyone is gay, because our world isnt like that. But, speaking from personal experience, LGBT people tend to stick together. So I dont think its that far fetched [sic] for most of Melodys close friends to also be LGBT, because thats what my actual circle of friends has ended up being like.
- Interspecies Romance: Melody (fox) and Allison (rabbit) of course. Also, Jodie is a tiger and her girlfriend is a unicorn named Faith.
- Mana Meter: Mana is used to cast spells and use other special skills, it can be replenished with elixirs. There is also a "star meter" that starts combat at zero and is slowly filled by actions that fit the character's class (healing for Mel, bashing stuff for Ally, attack spells for Claire) and is used for more powerful skills.
- Money Spider: The monsters, such as dust bunnies, drop gold coins.
- Pink Means Feminine: All of the girls wear pink and have it as part of their ensemble.
- The Power of Love: Melody and Allison can kiss one another during combat, acting as a stat buff.
- Retired Monster: Bartholomew was once a world-conquering evil wizard, but now he mostly just paces around in front of his daughter's magic shop while complaining about young whippersnappers.
- Schizo Tech: Weaponry and armor are still medieval, but they have the internet and smartphones.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: At least half of Melody and Allison's shared dialogue consists of references to making out.
- Spell Book: According to Catherine at the magic shop they're actually artifacts that allow the carrier to know every spell written upon them, though one can only equip one at a time since they're heavy.
- Squishy Wizard: Claire doesn't have that much HP compared to the rest of the party. Melody's more durable but not to the extent Allison is.
- Starter Equipment: Melody gets a bent staff at the start of the game from one of the other paladins, while Allison finds an old sword with a defective gem at the end of the first dungeon. The loot from the first boss also includes a pair of iron gauntlets and a cardboard box that can be worn as improvised armor.
- Sword Plant: Lady Provence at the Paladins' HQ got her sword stuck in a hole in the floor, she tries to act casual hoping no one will notice.
- Team Mom: Jodie is stated to be "the de facto Mom Friend of the group".
- World of Funny Animals: Just about all characters are animals.