Super Animal Royale is a top down ThirdPersonShooter Battle Royale developed and published by Pixile Studios. Playing as a Super Animal, you must fight up to 64 other players to become the last animal standing. Development began in October 2017, and Alpha testing began by March 2018. An early access version was launched on Steam on December 12, 2018, and finally a free to play demo was released on January 2019, which allows players to transfer their progress and unlocked content to the paid version of the game when purchased.
Super Animal World is a run-down, safari-themed park located within an island, home to the Super Animals, the main attraction. What happened to the park's staff and guests is a mystery yet to be solved.
- Abandoned Area: The Super Animal World park, as the staff and guests are nowhere to be seen, instead being populated by the Super Animals
- Advancing Wall of Doom: As per tradition in Battle Royale games, the map is slowly surrounded by a green fog which hurts your health over time, called Super Skunk Gas.
- A.K.A.-47: The guns in the game are simply called their generic names (e.g Shotgun, pistol, Sniper). Downplayed with the AK and the M16.
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: Upon completing a match, the player has a chance to receive cosmetics, such as shirts, hats, glasses, along with other things such as emotes, umbrellas and other things. Cosmetics are also rewarded upon completing Super Milestones, which are basically achievments.
- Anti-Armor: The Sniper rifle completely destroys armor, regardless of it's tier. The Deagle however only strips off 2 bars of armor
- Applied Phlebotinum: Superite is a purple-ish mineral which is implied to be an essencial ingredient involved in creating Super animals. In-game, you must use Super Serum (liquid Superite) to unlock new animals and breeds.
- Armor Is Useless: Inverted. Equipping armor can give you up to 3 bars of protection (depending on the armor's tier) which will protect your health from damage. Armor also can be repaired with duct tape at anytime.
- Car Fu: You can use the hamsterballs scattered around the map to move around quicker, but you can also use them to run your enemies over.
- Gatling Good: The minigun is a special weapon only found in Mole Crates. It has a fast fire rate and respectable damage, but it needs to wind up briefly before firing.
- Lions and Tigers and Humans... Oh, My!: Super Animals and Humans coexist in this world, once Super Animal World is a theme park built to entertain the latter, while the former being the attraction themselves.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: The Super Animals themselves, who are cartoonish anthropomorphic animals.
- Some of the graffiti strewn throughout the park reads "Are we not men too?"