A spin-off to the Suikoden series, launched on the PSP.
This game provides examples of:
- Alternate Timeline: Due to the history-altering actions of the MC, there are a lot of them in The Woven Web of A Century. So the MC doesn't actually fix anything.
- Can't Take Anything with You: Explicitly stated by Zefon in The Woven Web of A Century. Applies both direction, and applies to people and things. Doesn't apply to learned Skills and knowledge. Otherwise the MC would simply drag his badass grandfather to fight monsters in the present.
- Cosmic Horror Story: The real world is already destroyed by Terasfarma, the world everyone knows is a small reserve inside a magical barrier. The Terasfarma will eat absolutely anything until nothing but they remains, at which point they will eat each others forever orgiastically. Also, The Empire itself is the magical barrier, so the choice is between tolerating an Evil Empire or getting eaten by a Horde of Alien Locusts. Yeah.
- Subverted, as it's latter revealed that the Terasfarma has been extinct for many years and the world fully recovered from the damage.
- For Want of a Nail: It's probably not a good idea to move the location of the Time Tree as it lead to the death of everyone in the MC's village by monster attack, since that tree is the barrier against the monsters.
- Heroic Lineage: The hero is a descendant of Torwald Albarek, the man who defeated the Terasfarmas 100 years prior.
- Hopeless Boss Fight:
- The first battle against the Terasfarmas, in the beginning of the game.
- A sparing match Duel Boss against Master Swordswoman Makia Zafir.
- La Résistance: Scarlet Axe, led by Aaron.
- No Export for You: Did not come out outside Japan.
- Oracular Urchin: Zefon. He knows much more than he let on, and is a Jerkass by being so.
- The Ageless: Thanks to the Original Tree of Time, located behind the throne room, Emperor Leopherias XIII doesn't age. However, as a price, he can't be apart too far from it.
- Time Travel: The premise of the game. The hero and his companions can travel back in time trough Time Trees.