In the game, you control a star fighter that must destroy several missile silos of a battlestation to keep it from launching one at Earth and destroying it. Opposing you are the battlestation's alien fighters that are trying to destroy you.
This game provides examples of
- Airstrike Impossible: This game is reminiscent of the Death Star trench run in Star Wars: A New Hope.
- Difficulty Levels: Six in the Intellivision version, four in the Atari 2600 version.
- Earth-Shattering Kaboom: What happens if you fail to destroy the missile silos before Earth fully comes into view. Also the battlestation itself when you destroy all the missile silos.
- Interface Screw: Fireballs in the Atari 2600 version will cause your ship's controls to be temporarily messed up should they hit your ship.
- Pragmatic Adaptation: The Atari 2600 version adapted the separate laser and bomb controls of the Intellivision original to be used with the single-button joystick controller, so that flying over the trench caused you to fire a laser while flying within the trench caused you to drop a bomb.
- Shoot 'Em Up
- Timed Mission: You only have a limited time before Earth becomes an open target.