Spider-Man: Mysterio's Menace
is a video-game for the Game Boy Advance
featuring, you guessed it... Spider-Man
. Released on September 19, 2001, and like the previous Spidey game
, made by Vicarious Visions and Activision. The game features some of Spider-Man's more... obscure baddies, like Hammerhead and Big Wheel, who are being led by Mysterio
This video game provides examples of:
- Canon Discontinuity: Like how the previous Spider-Man game's guide claimed that Sandman was the Green Goblin's cousin, this game's guide states that Rhino's real name is Alex O'Hirn - which at the time was canon in the comics. This name was later given to the Ultimate version of Rhino, while the Mainstream Rhino's real name was revealed to be Aleksei Mikhailovich Sytsevich.
- Diving Kick: One of Spider-Man's possible moves is a diagonal diving kick while midair.
- Eternal Engine: The Empire Metals Foundry, filled with molten pools, cogs and buzzsaws, and Chemcorp, filled with sparking electric wires.
- Infinity +1 Sword: The symbiote costume, which regenerates Spider-Man's health and webbing supplies.
- Metroidvania: The game is a side-scrolling 2D platformer with emphasis on exploration.
- Roundhouse Kick: Spin kick is a possible move.