There's an Urban Legend about a game going around. Whoever wins this game would become exceedingly rich, and their destiny would be changed so they'd become the mightiest overnight. All they need to participate is one stake...
Once the game begins, the gamblers must survive against a "devil" that will attempt to claim their souls as its own. To win, the gamblers must take part in a ritual to expel the devil and reclaim their souls.
Soul At Stake is an Asymmetric 1 vs. 4 Survival Horror game made by Chongming Studio. The game was released on June 25th, 2018.
Soul At Stake contains examples of:
- Absurdly High-Stakes Game: In order to play, the gamblers must offer up their souls.
- All Witches Have Cats: A black cat appears and rides on Gran "The Witch"'s back whenever she transforms a gambler.
- Baleful Polymorph: Gran "The Witch" has the power to turn gamblers into cats for a short time. Gamblers take damage when they change back.
- Bear Trap: One of the "devil" cards allows a devil to place these on the ground.
- Big Bad: X'iE, the ghost who set up the game, and invented the phony Urban Legend to lure in gamblers and claim their souls.
- Black Cat: See All Witches Have Cats above, a black cats appears on her back.
- Cobwebs Of Disuse: One of the screenshots shows a map with a liberal helping of cobwebs.
- Evil Old Folks: Gran "The Witch", is a devil in the game.
- Meganekko: Daisy "The Student" has a large pair... of glasses.
- Player Character: The gamblers.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: "The Actor" has these.
- Shear Menace: Xiu "The Bride" attacks with a pair of scissors.
- Tears of Blood: The above-mentioned "Actor" has these.