Sophie is a young girl with a Teddy Bear who loves her very much. They do everything together, and that teddy bear has been by Sophie's side for a very long time.
When Sophie's family moves to a new house, she's pretty bummed about it, and the teddy can tell. They decide to go exploring the house, and stumble across a mysterious closed door. Upon opening it, the two find themselves in a very scary situation. They're quickly enveloped in darkness, and before the bear knows it, he's separated from Sophie.
However, he soon discovers that he can also move by himself. So, getting up, he arms himself and decides that he needs to protect his kid.
The game was released on October 31st, 2018.
Sophie's Guardian contains examples of:
- Creepy Doll: The Mooks in the game are all creepy old dolls that Sophie's bear can blow away with guns.
- Guns Akimbo: The Player Character wields a gun in each hand against the waves of dolls.
- Living Toys: The Player Character is a Teddy Bear, and the enemies are all Creepy Dolls.
- P.O.V. Cam: The game is viewed from the Sophie's teddy bear's perspective.
- Randomly Reversed Letters: Some of the "e"s are written backwards, possibly to emulate child-like handwriting.