Sonic 3D Blast 5 (not to be confused with the Somari hack of the same name) is a bootleg Game Boy game created by a Chinese company called Yong Yong/Makon Soft. It was made some time before 1996-1998. The gameplay is meant to be similar to the Sonic games on the Game Gear, such as the 8-bit Sonic 1 and 2. This game is infamous for its various flaws, such as wonky physics, ear bleeding music, and level design. This game has many hacks, such as Sonic Adventure 7 and 8, Super Mario Special 3, Jade, Diamond, and Mewtwo Strikes Back (not to be confused with the Telefang hack of the same names), and Rockman 8 and Rockman X4.
Tropes about Sonic 3D Blast 5
- Covers Always Lie: The box art makes it look like a Game Boy port of Sonic 3D Blast or something else, but it's really a platformer.
- I Have Many Names: Sonic Adventure 7 and 8, Super Mario Special 3, Rockman 8 and X4, and Pokemon Jade, Diamond, and Mewtwo Strikes Back. It's suspected that upwards of 30 hacks are just this game with a new coat of paint.
- Obvious Beta
- Sensory Abuse: THE MUSIC.
Tropes about Sonic Adventure 7
- Updated Re-release: Arguably.
Tropes about Super Mario Special 3
- Obvious Beta: Moreso than Sonic 3D Blast 5, due to the fact that stage 4 is Unwinnable by Mistake due to a leaf spawning instead of a mushroom at the end.
- Unwinnable by Mistake: Stage 4 is this due to a leaf spawning instead of a mushroom, which is needed to win the level.
Tropes about Pokemon Jade, Diamond, and Mewtwo Strikes Back
- Updated Re-release: Pokemon Jade is of Sonic Adventure 7, and Pokemon Diamond is one of Super Mario Special 3.
- Unwinnable by Mistake: Pokemon Jade crashes after the first stage due to a programming bug.
- Unwinnable by Design: Pokemon Diamond starts you off on the unbeatable stage 4. Have fun!
Tropes about Rockman 8 and X4
- Obvious Beta: More than Super Mario Special 3, due to multiple factors.
- The stage bosses have nothing to do with the actual stages themselves (picking Grenade Man gives you "Tengv Man" with Spark Man's sprite, and the boss itself is a car)
- Destroying too many enemies makes the stage objects dissapear
- There's No Ending.
- You can pick Rock Man, despite Rockman being the main character.
- Updated Re-release: Rockman X4 is Rockman 8 but with colors.