The object of the game is to successfully maneuver your Starship through a series of colorful, pulsating solar cell matrices, collecting them by running over them or (in the arcade original) shooting them, all the while avoiding shots being fired by the Sentinels. Points are scored for each solar cell you capture and for how fast you clear each matrix. Players may also earn the right to complete Challenge Racks for bonus points.
This game provides examples of
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: Like Gorf and Wizard of Wor, inserting more quarters into the machine lets you start with more ships.
- Bonus Stage: The Challenge Racks.
- Endless Game: You play until you run out of ships.
- Scoring Points: For collecting solar cells and disabling Sentinels.
- Shoot 'em Up: The arcade original and the Commodore 64 version lets you shoot at the Sentinels to disable them.
- Valley Girl: The ship pilot's passenger in the print and TV ads for this game talks and acts like one.