Theodore Caldwell didn't expect a trip to the doctor to land him in his situation. While seeking help for his mental health and addictions, he went to a mysterious fellow by the name of Dr. Blazer, who works for ECCO (The Electro-Convulsive and Cognitive Therapy Organization), who promised him that everything would be routine when something far more sinister is at work.
Either way, now Theodore finds himself stuck in a mysterious place, being pursued by frightening entities that seem to want him dead. Theodore will need a steady hand, quick reflexes, and attention to detail to escape and find out what's going on around him.
Smile contains examples of:
- Bald of Evil: Two of the entities have no hair on their heads.
- BFS: One of the entities wields a sword that's about half its height.
- Fat Bastard: One of the entities is a very fat man.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: The brown-haired entity is sometimes shown missing his lower half.
- Monochromatic Eyes: One of the entities has solid white eyes.
- One-Word Title: Smile.
- P.O.V. Cam: The game is viewed from Elliot's point of view.
- Slasher Smile: At least three out of five of the entities have some pretty nasty grins, as you can see.
- Ten-Second Flashlight: There's a flashlight meter that tells you how much battery power you have left.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Two of the entities have hot pink hair, and neon teal hair.