is a Multiplayer Web Game
, developed by Clown Games in 2018. As its name suggests, it is about players controlling cartoony people who are fighting each other with comically oversized hammers in a bid to knock multicoloured candy out of each other and get the highest score on the leaderboard in this manner. There are also small grey "mole" things to get whacked, and a large red invincible one that can be comboed for higher score.
See Pikes.io, Biters.io and FacePunch.io for three very similar games from the same developer.
Smashers.io features examples of the following tropes:
- Circling Birdies: If a player ends up too close to where the sandworm thing bursts out of the ground, they'll be stunned for several seconds, which is represented by the swirling stars above their head.
- Crosshair Aware: Every player can clearly see semi-circular crosshairs of the other players.
- Then, there are yellow and red warning signs that appear near the Wormsign when the sand worm is about to actually emerge.
- Drop the Hammer: Taken to a comical extreme, as the hammer is several times larger than a player when it gets dropped.
- Endless Game: This battle will go on as long as there players around.
- Large and in Charge: Like in many similar .io games, players become larger as they score more kills. This increases the size of their hammer, and the area it can cover in a single strike as well, but also makes it easier for the other players to hit them.
- No Plot? No Problem!: It's probably a good thing you don't know the reasons behind this grand battle.
- One-Hit Kill: Getting hit with the hammer is always that, regardless of how large the player has grown, since the hammer will always be even larger.
- Sand Worm: There's a bright red one that spends most of its time travelling under the map, with only its Wormsign visible. Once it emerges, it is both harmless (though a player may get briefly stunned if they get too close), and invincible, so feel free to keep smashing it to get as much candy from it as possible.
- Sprint Meter: One is present, and is crucial for the smaller players in particular.
- Wormsign: Present and accounted for. For players not being actively targeted, it is a good idea to follow it so that they may get high scores from smashing the worm once it emerges. Just watch out for the warning symbols to make sure you are not too close, or you'll end up stunned for several seconds, and so vulnerable to everyone else.