Slalom is a video game developed by Rare and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1987. It's a Sports Game in which you control a skiing man and try to reach the finish within a rather strict time limit while dodging snowmen, other skiers and kids on sleds.
This game provides examples of:
- Idiosyncratic Difficulty Levels: There are three mountains to choose from: Snowy Hill for beginners, Steep Peak for intermediate players, and Mount Nasty for experts.
- Never Trust a Title: This game involves skiing, but no slaloming.
- Nintendo Hard: This game is very fast, and making a mistake will drain lots of time.
- No Ending: Clearing all 8 tracks for a mountain doesn't give any ending.
- Obstacle Ski Course: The setting of the game.
- Timed Mission: The main goal is reaching the finish line within a time limit.