Simple point-and-click Flash game created by Cassie Creighton, aged 5, at the 2011 Toronto Game Jam with the help of her father Ryan. Playing as Sissy, a young girl obsessed with ponycorns, you travel through rainbow portals and outwit hammy villains to collect all five of the titular creatures in jars. The crayon graphics and goofy dialogue make for a surprisingly charming game.
Can be played here.
This game provides examples of:
- Aerith and Bob: The ponycorns' names. They are called Lady Fuzzwuzzle, Fluffybuns, (inaudible), Poo Pants, and Orange Boy.
- Argument of Contradictions: There's one with the tiger, about whether he'll eat his ponycorn or not.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: "That's what you get for being evil! And a lemon!"
- Baleful Polymorph: Sissy uses her convenient magical powers to turn the dinosaur into a mouse.
- Deus ex Machina: Sissy suddenly gets magical powers to turn the dinosaur into a mouse.
- Edible Ammunition: The coconut found in the tiger's lair can be used to defeat the floating lemon.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: A dinosaur is one of the enemies guarding a ponycorn.
- Everything's Better with Rainbows: They're how you travel between the different areas.
- Eye Scream: The lemon threatens to spit its acidic juice into Sissy's eye.
- Gotta Catch 'Em All: Sissy has to catch all five ponycorns in jars.
- HeelFace Door-Slam: "The lemon is still evil."
- HeelFace Turn: The ending sequence reveals that the tiger winds up turning good.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: The ponycorns, a fusion of pony and unicorn, of course.
- Moon Logic Puzzle: 5-year-old-little-girl logic in this case. The puzzle solutions are very... random, although it's short enough that just clicking everything works well enough.
- Poke the Poodle: The lemon threatens to spit in Sissy's eye.
- Precision F-Strike: Obviously less intense variant: Sissy friggin' LOVES ponycorns!
- Redemption Rejection: "The lemon is still evil."
- Schmuck Bait: Sissy is able to steal a ponycorn from the tiger by asking him to close his eyes for a few seconds.
- Secret Test of Character: Orange Boy, the final ponycorn, disguised himself as a human to test Sissy's kindness.
- Toilet Humor: The green ponycorn is called Poo Pants.
- The End: The ending sequence ends with a image saying "THE END" and is said by Sissy as well.
- The Unintelligible: Orange Boy. Until he turns back into a ponycorn.